robotics vs conventional method for total knee replacement
Since many years conventional method was the standard for Total Knee Replacement Surgery untill robotics was invented.In conventional method the bone sizing and the bone cuts are done with manual jigs where possibility of error is more. patients with conventional method do very well but in specific cases where the Deformity is excessive, gross laxicity of joint and subluxation the robotics will have a upper hand.
Advantages of Robotics :
1. Anatomical precise positioning and placement of implants
2. Most stable and least chances of dislocation
3. Near normal range of motion
4. Minimal wear and loosening increasing the life of implant
5. Enables minimally invasive surgery
6. Shorter hospital stay and speedy recovery
1. additional pins has to be placed.
2. increased operative time.
3. increased cost to patients.